Our BioTech event will now also include a live industrial chipping demonstration! This is a great chance for you to see what is happening at commercial level, and would offer a great insight into biomass processing.
CREST (Centre for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies) at South West College, Enniskillen, in collaboration with Biomass Energy Northern Ireland (BENI). You are invited to a free biomass seminar, tour and demonstration for industry on Friday 21st October 2016 from 10.00am to 2.30pm in the CREST Pavilion.
This event for growers, biofuel suppliers, biomass end users, landowners and other interested parties, will focus on ‘Opportunities in Biomass’ and includes the following speakers and topics:
- Michael Doran, Action Renewables & President of the Irish Bioenergy Association (IrBEA) – The outlook for Bioenergy in Ireland
- Barry Caslin, Bioenergy & Rural Development Specialist, Teagasc – Experiences, Challenges and Opportunities with Energy Crops in Ireland
- Stewart Cameron, Glendale Tree Services and BENI member – Brash harvesting & fuel quality – A contractor’s experience
- Jim Clarke, Deputy Principal Sustainable Development, Invest NI – Biomass as a Sustainable Fuel
- Paul Cairns, r & D Technician, CREST – Biomass research & Development at CREST
- There will also be an industrial chipping demonstration followed by a tour and demonstration of CREST’s research and Development biomass processing facilities and testing laboratory.
BioTech 2016 will take place in the CREST Pavilion, South West College Technology & Skills Centre, Killyhevlin Industrial Estate, Enniskillen, BT74 4EJ on Friday 21st October 2016 from 10.00am to 2.30pm.
To register for BioTech 2016 or for more information, please contact Gary Logue at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 6634 2251 by Monday 17th October.